What information does Boston Pride collect?
Boston Pride collects five types of information:
- Contact data (including but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, physical address) when you inquire about an event or program, or when you sign up for an event or program;
- Registration data (including but not limited to the characteristics of your booth or contingent, or information about your organization) when you inquire about an event or program, or when you sign up for an event or program;
- Demographics data (including but not limited to age, gender, income category, family situation, etc.) when you voluntarily fill out a Boston Pride Demographics Survey;
- Feedback data (including but not limited to ratings and free text feedback) when you voluntarily fill out a Boston Pride Event Survey; and
- Usage data through trusted, third party vendors, including but not limited to Google Analytics, Cvent, Issuu, Atlassian, Showclix, PayPal, Square, Dreamhost, Spreadshirt, and We The People.
For what purposes does Boston Pride use your information?
Any information we collect from you will be used to personalize your experience working with Boston Pride, and to enhance the events and programs of Boston Pride for the community.
How does Boston Pride protect your information?
Boston Pride protects your information in three ways:
- By hosting all data on secured servers provided by trusted, third party vendors;
- By controlling access to all data through single and multi-factor authentication; and
- By anonymizing demographics, feedback, and usage data in analysis and reporting.
Additionally, all Boston Pride personnel with administrative rights to Boston Pride networks and technology are bound to strict privacy rules through confidentiality agreements.
Does Boston Pride disclose your information to outside parties?
Boston Pride does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted, third party vendors who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Anonymized, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Does Boston Pride employ cookies and indirectly-collected information?
How does Boston Pride handle data to external links?
What are your rights regarding the information Boston Pride collects?
- Right to anonymous visits: You may visit our website anonymously.
- Right to breach notification: Boston Pride will notify you within 72 hours of first having become aware of a data breach affecting your information.
- Right to access: Boston Pride will provide you with (1) a confirmation as to whether or not your information is being processed, where, and for what purpose, and (2) a copy of your information, free of charge, in an electronic format, upon request.
- Right to be forgotten: Boston Pride will remove your data from our networks and technologies upon request.
398 Columbus Avenue #285
Boston, MA 02116
- Transparency: We have added increased transparency about what data we collect, and how it is collected;
- Security: We have added details about how we protect your information;
- Rights: We have listed how you can exercise your user rights and make choices about your information.